Do you . . .
- Hide important parts of yourself to avoid rejection?
- Wish your interactions with others better reflected how you feel on the inside?
- Feel as though something holds you back from full participation in your life?
- Long to contribute your talents and express yourself more fully in the world?
self-acceptance and inner security,
in more satisfying ways.
How I Work
My first priority is to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere where you can safely share the issues that have brought you to therapy. I love to do multi-dimensional work that includes noticing and tracking what is happening as you're sitting in the room with me, and exploring how early life experiences continue to affect you in the present.
My work has been described as highly attuned and empathic because I listen carefully and nonjudgmentally--not only to ideas and feelings--but also to the nuances of how clients relate to themselves and others. My approach is designed to help you give yourself this open and generous quality of attention as well.
With time, our work together can help you experience a growing foundation of inner security that allows you to feel greater aliveness, agency and sense of choice. Decades of attachment research demonstrate that a real and growing sense of security allows us to show up in the world in new and more satisfying ways.
If you struggle with . . .
- Grief, loss and chronic illness
- Menopause, aging, and other life transitions
- Caregiver issues
- Social anxiety and isolation
- Coping and thriving as a highly sensitive person (HSP)
- Validating your own reality and asserting yourself
- Couples & family conflict
I invite you to call or e-mail for a
complimentary twenty-minute phone consultation.
My office is accessible to people with disabilities